Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kids these days.

I'm sure we all have had times where people ask us how we feel and even though we feel like crawling into a hole and hiding for the rest of our lives we say something generic like "I'm alright" or "Could be worse", something along the lines of us being ok and the world being how it should be.
Why do we lie about it? If we're having an awful day why not just say it?
I have a friend whom I absolutely love! He's such a great guy and he's an absolutely amazing friend! On the outside he seems like Mr. Happy. He has so much going for him in his life and everyone loves being around him because he's so much fun! But he's not. He is so heartbroken and damaged for reasons that I don't even know. He's thought about suicide but for whatever reason he will never actually do it, or so he says.
I can't help but wonder if having other people know about how he truly feels would help him. If I had known what was going on in his head I might have been there for him in different ways. And I understand that people don't want to burden others with their problems but there are people, myself included, that have a passion for helping others. And sometimes just talking about heartache can make a person feel better. I'm not just talking without knowledge. In my short life I have experienced pain and heartache and I know that talking would have helped me if someone had been willing to listen and I had been willing to talk.
Maybe we all need to wear our hearts on our sleeves...maybe then there would be less pain because people would be able to see it and they wouldn't be able to ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment